Further information on how Trueline will continue to comply with State & Federal Government & Health Department directives during this time.
The Trueline team continues to monitor unfolding developments around the COVID-19 pandemic, and as such will continue to provide updates on our response to this changing situation. We will keep all updates within this one page, and provide feedback via email if you have any questions.
Rest assured that our number one priority remains the health and wellbeing of our team members, customers, suppliers and the communities within which we all live & work. We will continue to operate our business although it may not be quite “as usual” and we ask that you assist us in doing so by showing your ongoing support and understanding in this unexpected environment.
Trueline’s priority remains the health and wellbeing of our team members, customers, suppliers and our community. At present, Trueline has no reported COVID-19 cases and no report of any persons affiliated with Trueline, having been in contact with any persons with a confirmed or suspected case of the COVID-19 virus.
We would like to announce and offer reassurance that Trueline remains open for business at this present time. This is on the advice given by both the State and Federal Governments.
Trueline continues to monitor the situation carefully. We are committed to taking swift, appropriate and necessary measures to minimise the risk of infection spread based on advice from the Australian Federal and State Governments. These measures or controls may continue to change over time.
Trueline have implemented measures to ensure the health and well-being of all concerned. These include:
- New hygiene protocols and procedures.
- All team members are monitoring and reporting their own health and that of their families. This policy reduces the risk of introducing any type of illness into our workplace.
- Implemented social distancing within our workplace, includes separation of work functions.
- Contingency measures introduced for each department and function including off site works if required.
- Immediate suspension of all non-essential visitors, suppliers and contractors entering the Trueline site.
- Front office service is still operational however we enforce the 1.5m social distancing; we request all orders and enquiries be sent via email using the contact us form on our website or emailing us here . Alternatively, please call your nearest Trueline office – Brisbane Sunshine Coast Rockhampton & Gladstone Mackay Northern Rivers inc Tweed Heads, Byron Bay, Grafton.
- We request payments to be paid by direct deposit rather than cash paid at the office.
- We have introduced protocols for our materials deliveries that are based on social distancing practices.
- Constant supplier communication and updates. We have been advised, there is a sufficient supply of materials and there is no foreseen shortage at this stage.
We will ensure any further updates or introduced measures will be added to this page as we move through these uncertain times. We will also provide details regarding updates to our Design Consultations and how we’re looking to transition these into a digital format moving forward.
We offer our sincerest thanks for your continued support and interest in the Trueline business, especially as we enter our 50th year in Business throughout 2020.